Here are a few tips to follow before you choose a moving company.Get The Right Packers and Movers
• Packers and Movers companies that are hired three or more days in advance must provide you with a copy of their packing and moving services quotation, and also an Important Notice About Your Move document.
• A Packers and Movers company may provide you with an estimate in writing and on Email only after they conduct a visual inspection of the items you need moved. Verbal estimates or estimates given over the Internet Chat are illegal and may not be enforceable.
• A Packers and Movers company must provide a “Not to Exceed” price for all household moves. This is the maximum amount you can be charged unless you request additional services and those changes are then detailed in a “Change Order for Moving Services.” A Change Order cannot be used simply because a mover underestimated costs. Pay close attention to these documents because if a fee dispute arises, the moving company may demand that you pay the cost quoted on these documents before releasing your goods.
Tips for Hiring a Moving Company When looking for a moving company:
- Check to verify that a moving company is authorized Packers and Movers company and look under transportation.
- Thoroughly research a moving company before hiring. When possible, visit the company’s place of business.
- Check the company’s complaint history by searching on internet.
- Do not accept a telephone or Internet Chat “estimate”- they are prohibited and may not be enforceable. Estimates must be in writing and Email only after inspection of goods to
- Before anything is moved, make sure you receive and understand:
A moving service agreement
- The Important Notice About Your Move document showing a “Not To Exceed” price.
Also, photograph or video tape your belongings to refer to if a dispute arises concerning charges and/or loss or damage.
- Get copies of everything you sign before the move begins.
At the end of your move, the moving company should also give you copies of the completed documents.
Terms and Conditions and Indemnity
The person, company or firm who’s name appears on the booking form, will be described as “The customer” in this document.
Customer, hereby declares that the goods/household articles, handed over to Packers and Movers companies, do not contain any contraband, explosives, inflammable, illegal or prohibited article.
Customer acknowledges and accepts that it is essential that all clothing and removable objects such as glasses, teeth, shaver, money, jewelleries, valuable/designer items, cameras, computers, keys, mobile, personal electronic devices (such as iPods/mp3 players/PDA’s etc), medication, ID papers, passport, important documents, etc. are kept properly locked in the strict custody of customer. It is customer’s responsibility to ensure that these items are not left in open at the time of handing over the premises to Packers and Movers companies, to start the packing. Customer accepts full responsibility for the loss of above mentioned items/objects. I further declare that in case the present declaration or any part thereof, is found to be false/incorrect or in case any loss or damage is caused to M/s. Movers Company Name., or any other person or public due to any such wrongful declaration, or otherwise, then in that event I shall be solely responsible for all penalties, challans, charges, prosecutions, levies, etc., arising there from, and shall be further liable
to all legal proceedings.
I indemnify, Packers and Movers companies, towards the
loss/damages suffered by it.